We are a responsive and accessible library that serves as a conduit for the pursuit of learning, growth, and human connection.
We aspire to be the cultural heart of Dobbs Ferry, reflecting and fostering the vitality and diversity of our village. We will accomplish this in the following ways:
- Our expert, trusted staff will continue to help people access the information they need, the programs they enjoy, and the content they love.
- We will create a common and inclusive space that welcomes and cultivates diverse interests, strengths, and needs.
- We will encourage our community to make frequent use of the library’s resources, participate in our programming, and help to shape it.
- We will stay current with advances in technology required to remain relevant in our constantly changing world.
- Access: Information, programs, and services are open and accessible to all.
- Connection: We build connections within the community.
- Engagement: We seek input and participation from the community.
- Inclusion: Everyone is welcome and comfortable in our library.
- Quality: Library professionals curate content and programs to meet the community’s needs.
- Service: We always strive to provide everyone with friendly and professional service.
- Sustainability: We are good stewards of our financial, material, and human resources.